Being a globally oriented media service, Shida Media shall adopt the following code of ethics in pursuance of the vision and mission it has set for itself:
1. Adhere to the journalistic values of honesty, courage, fairness, balance, independence, credibility and diversity, giving no priority to commercial or other benefits over professional consideration.
2. Endeavor to get to the truth and declare it in our dispatches, programs, opinions, features and news bulletins unequivocally in a manner which leaves no doubt about its validity and accuracy.
3. Treat our audiences with due respect and address every issue or story with due attention to present a clear, factual, holistic and accurate picture of events, happenings, developing storytelling, incidents, disasters, wars, atrocities etc while giving full consideration to the feelings of victims.
4. Welcome fair and honest media competition without allowing it to affect adversely our standards of performance and thereby having a “scoop” would not become an end in itself.
5. Present the diverse points of view and opinions without bias and partiality.
6. Recognize diversity in human societies with all their races, cultures and beliefs and their values and intrinsic individualities so as to present unbiased and faithful reflection of them.
7. Acknowledge a mistake when it occurs, promptly correct it and ensure it does not recur.
8. Observe transparency in dealing with the published items and its sources while adhering to the internationally established practices concerning the rights of these sources.
9. Distinguish between news material, opinion and analysis to avoid the snares of speculation and propaganda.
10. Stand by the truth and uphold trustworthiness rather than protecting journalists and other media professionals in circumstances where branch colleagues clearly violating the journalistic values which are honesty, courage, fairness, balance, independence, credibility and diversity.
11. Anyone who collaborate with Shida Media must have high moral and ethics grounds, should never be compromised and subservient to any other priority than the core values of journalism.
12. Cooperate with nationalist and patriotic Eritrean associations world wide and ensuring uncompromising, trustworthy and fair presentation of new, events, happenings and developing storytelling